Mala Gupta, MD
Dir. of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry | 856-983-3866 Ext. 3110
"As the pace in mental health quickens and we are faced with so many changes, I am most captivated by what remains the same. I continue to believe it is a privilege to work in a field that allows us to merge matters of the mind with those of the heart. May the new millennium bring out patients improved access to quality care, a waning of the stigma associated with mental disorders and advances in our understanding of the complex human mind and soul. And may we, as providers, continue to strengthen the foundations upon which treatment builds."
Mala Gupta, MD, is a Board Certified Adult Psychiatrist, Board Certified Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist and a Board Eligible Forensic Psychiatrist. She completed her Child and Adolescent Fellowship at Albert Einstein Medical College and Cornell University Medical Center while researching the use of diagnostic groups in children. Dr. Gupta began her career as director of an innovative adolescent inpatient unit that was the collaborative effort of a private psychiatric hospital and the New York State Department of Mental Health. She was also an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry of Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York. Shortly after moving to New Jersey in 1995, Dr. Gupta joined Centra P.C., and is currently Director of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Honors and Distinctions
- Zehler Award for Outstanding Academic Paper; Institute of Living, Hartford, CT (1990)
- “Experiencing Assault: A Therapist’s Journey,” Lecture and published article
- “Drawing The Line: Boundaries in Therapy, “ Grand Rounds Lecture
- “Diagnostic Groups for School Age Children, published paper
- “Fostering Resiliency in Your Child,” NAMI Seminar
- “Attention Deficit Disorder, “ seminar, West Jersey Behavioral Health System, with Dr. C. Enriquez