Jane Beckmann, MSW, LCSW
Clinical Associate | 856-983-3866 Ext. 3019
"Therapy is a transformational process that requires courage, honesty and humility. It is the exploration of the deepest self and the understanding of the fears, pains and beliefs that have blocked that self from fully unfolding. I believe a therapist's support, caring, and belief in the client's higher self assists the client in discovering the truth that lies in his own heart. It is that truth that is the source of healing, of true intimacy, of joy and of the way we design our lives."Jane Beckmann has a long and varied career as a practicing psychotherapist beginning in 1978 when she graduated from the Bryn Mawr College School of Social Work. A licensed Clinical Social Worker in PA & NJ, Ms. Beckmann first worked at Family and Community Service of Delaware County in Media, PA, providing short and long-term psychotherapy for families, couples and individuals of all age groups as well as conducting home based therapy and contributing to in-service training programs.
In 1981, Ms. Beckmann began working as a School Counselor/therapist at the Green Tree School, providing therapy to socially and emotionally disturbed children. She has also worked for Child and Home Study Associates in the field of adoption, at all levels of the adoptive process and for Jewish Family and Children Services as a Clinical Social Worker.
In 1989, Ms. Beckmann decided to bolster her clinical skills by enrolling in the Philadelphia Child Guidance Center’s Post-Master’s Certificate Program in Family Therapy. Upon completion she continued a supervised Practicum for eligibility as a clinical member of AAMFT. In addition, she completed Level I & II Eye Movement Desensitization Reprogramming (EMDR) Certification, a clinical modality proven effective in the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. She is also trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and is a certified PA Elementary School Counselor.
Ms. Beckmann also draws from a background of writing and songwriting, assisting clients in the discovery of their own creative power to transform their lives. She joined Centra P.C. as a Clinical Associate in 1994.
Certifications and Associations
- Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy Certification 2005
- Board Certified Diplomate in Clinical Social Work 2001
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, State of New Jersey, Department of Law and Public Safety, Division of Consumer Affairs, 1994
- Clinical Membership, The American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, 1994
- Diplomate, National Association for Social Work, 1993
- Member National Association for Social Workers www.naswdc.org
- Elementary School Counseling Certification, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 1993
- Level One and Level Two Certification, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, Inc., 1993
- Certification, Academy of Certified Social Workers, 1992
- Social Work License, Bureau of Professional and Occupation Affairs, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 1989